My apologies, this was something that was supposed to go up last week. And, I forgot. But we won’t dwell on that or even pretend to be surprised. Last week, I shared ten fantasy series that I wanted to start, but wasn’t sure when I would be able to get to them. This week I am sharing series that I have already started and want to finish. One of my goals is to complete 25 series this year. And while that may sound like high number, I won’t tell you how many series that I am currently and actively in the middle of. Just now that 25 barely makes a dent in that number.
So in no particular order these are the series that I want to finish:
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi I have read the first one and I have a copy of the second one. I enjoyed it was excited when I found out about the second one. Definitely need to get to this sooner rather than later.
2. Brooklyn Brujas by Zoraida Cordova – I have read and listened to the first two of these. And I love the series. And I don’t have an excuse as to why I have not finished it, as I have the third one sitting on my kindle and audible shelf. I do plan on rereading the first two and then completing the trilogy.
3. The Pandava
Quartet Quintet by Roshani Chokshi–Do you see this? In the time that it took me to actually get this posted, a quartet turned into a quintet! Here I was about to say that I planned on finishing this series either this month or early next month. But what was supposed to be a 4 book series, has turned into a 5 book series. I am not complaining because I really like Aru Shah.
4. Crown of Shards by Jennifer Estep— I have read the first one, but it’s been a minute. So the plan is to reread it and then continue on with the series and get ready for the spin off that’s releasing in July.
5. The Arcadia Project by Mishell Baker – 1 Read and 2 to go.
6. The Broken Earth Trilogy by NK Jemisin-– 1 Down and 2 to go.
7. Los Nefilim by T. Frohock— 1 down and 5 to go (I started reading the novellas first.)
9. Sentinels of New Orleans by Suzanne Johnson—2 down and 4 to go
10. Jane Yellowrock by Faith Hunter–3 down and 12 to go. I started this series this year, and I am currently waiting for the next 3 books to get here before continuing on. The goal is to catch up with this and be ready for the latest book that releases in September. This is probably not the longest series on my shelf, but it’s the longest one that I am actively reading.
Even though I am currently in the middle of a lot of series, and there’s so many that I would like to start, if I can complete just these ten this year, than I will be very happy. Are there any series that you want finish this year?
**All Images are from The Story Graph. Links lead to the series page on The Story Graph.